Terms and Conditions
This Challenge (the “Challenge”) and Competition (the “Competition”) is open to entrants aged 18+ only. The Challenge is open to all participants worldwide. The Challenge opens at 00.01hrs on 13.05.2022 and closes at 23.59hrs on 22.05.2022. Entrants who complete the Challenge (the “finishers”) will each receive a £30 Band of Climbers Discount Voucher which can be redeemed only at www.bandofclimbers.com. By participating in the Challenge, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the full Terms and Conditions.
The Band of Climbers It's Only a Hill Challenge is for Strava members to complete 1500m of vertical elevation whilst cycling (4921ft) throughout the Challenge period. Virtual and outdoor rides will both count towards The Challenge.
All completers of the Challenge are eligible to receive a £30 discount voucher to spend at www.bandofclimbers.com.Challenge finishers will receive a notification asking them to confirm entry to the Band of Climbers competition by entering their email address and subscribing to Band of Climbers’ email newsletterusing their email address in order to receive their discount code, and be notified of competition winners. After entering and subscribing, participants are free to unsubscribe at any time, and will receive no further communications from Band of Climbers. Even after unsubscribing, the discount code will remain valid until 30th June 2022.
The Competition prize is a place for The Finisher and a friend of The Finisher’s choosing, on a Band of Climbers Escape Cycling Trip in the French Alps or Italian Dolomites. The Winner will be chosen at random electronically from the complete database of successful challenge finishers.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering the Challenge, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions and all entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
Promoter: Band of Climbers Ltd. Unit 33 Bellingham Drive, North Tyne Industrial Estate, Benton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 9SZ, UK. Company Number11140423.
HOW TO ENTER
Eligibility: The Challenge and Competition is open to Strava users worldwide aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, its agents and anyone professionally connected with this Challenge and Competition.
Entry: Entry to the Challenge and Competition is available upon the use of Strava. The Challenge starts and ends based on each user’s local time zone. Manual entries will not count towards your Challenge effort.
All activities logged during the Challenge period must be uploaded to Strava no later than three days after the Challenge ends.
- No purchase necessary.
- Entry Period: Opens at 00.01hrs on 13.05.2022, closes at 23.59hrs on 22.05.2022.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Challenge & Competition. Entrants who do not give correct details will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for entries or claims which for technical or other reasons are not entered correctly or are lost. Incomplete entries will not qualify for the Challenge & Competition.
REWARD & PRIZE INFORMATION
- Reward: Each finisher will receive a £30 Band of Climbers discount voucher. The discount voucher can only be used once per person, and only one discount voucher can be used per transaction.
- The discount voucher is valid on all products including sale items.
- If Items purchased with the voucher are returned, only the discounted price will be refunded.
- The £30 reward value is directly related to the currency exchange rate at the time of use, and as such, the value of the voucher may change due to live currency rates against the value of the £GBP. As such, we cannot be held responsible for the discount code under-indexing the value of the reward amount advertised in £GBP.
- The offer excludes the purchase of gift cards. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash. We reserve the right to withdraw, alter or decline this offer without prior notice. The £30 discount voucher expires on the 30.06.2022.
- Winner notification: Finishers will be notified by Strava upon completion of the Challenge period and directed to Promoter’s website to claim the prize via email.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be resold, or exchanged for cash.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the name, photograph, likeness and country of the Winner or to publicise the Competition or the prize-giving presentation, in any and all media that the Promoter desires, after the date of the Competition close date and within 12 months of this date.
- The Winner agrees to take part in such reasonable Competition-related publicity as the Promoter may require and accepts that the Promoter may publicise images/statements in connection with/resulting from this Competition.
- Prize: A place for The Finisher and a friend of his/her choosing on a future Band of Climbers Escape in the French Alps or Italian Dolomites. Select Dates are available in 2023. Select Dates will be offered to The Winner. If no dates are suitable for The Winner The Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to another Finisher, or withdraw, alter or decline this offer. No Cash Alternative will be offered. Total Prize Value exceeds £3500.
Band of Climbers Escapes are 6 day, 6 night cycling trips. Each trip has a maximum of 12 guests. The Prize will include all standard features of a Band of Climbers Escape including:
- A 6 night stay in a shared twin room
- Daily cooked breakfasts and three to five-course dinners
- In house laundry service while on the trip
- Daily van supported rides and mechanical support
- Ride Guides from Band of Climbers
- All energy gels, drinks and bars
- Private Airport transfers to and from a specified airport at an agreed time
Flights and travel insurance are not provided by The Promoter.
The odds of winning depends on the amount of entries received. In order to enter, complete the Challenge and upload activities to Strava.
OUR RIGHT TO USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- Any personal information provided by entrants will be collected, stored and processed by or on behalf of the Promoter strictly under the General Protection Data Regulation (2018).
- The personal information will be used by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to administer the Competition and publicise the Prize winners, and to send an entrant what he/she asks the Promoter to send him/her.
- An entrant’s personal details may be used for the marketing purposes of the Promoter and Partners only if an entrant has opted in to receiving future marketing mailings from the Promoter and Partners or for any other purpose agreed by an entrant. If an entrant would like to stop receiving messages from the Promoter and Partners, he/she can use the unsubscribe button provided in an email from the Promoter.
- The Promoter will not pass entrant’s details on to any third party unless otherwise required to do so by law.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Competition or the awarding of Prizes, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to entrants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter and its agents reserve the right at its sole discretion not to consider, and to exclude or disqualify any entry that they deem to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the Competition, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of or inappropriate with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details and to refuse to award a Prize or withdraw Prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the Competition and disqualify the entrant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this Competition’s entry requirements or otherwise where an entrant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Competition or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to this clause.
- This Competition is not sponsored, administered or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network or the producers, retailers or any other party featured in the Prizes. Trademarks, logos and names of any third party are the property of their respective owner.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); (v) any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the Prize.
- To the full extent permitted by law and excluding death or personal injury caused as a result of the Promoter’s negligence, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the “Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any entrant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; (iii) any liability for personal injury or death.
- The Competition and the Terms and Conditions will be governed by the English law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Competition will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Band of Climbers Ltd.